Skived fin technology has become excellent replacements for designs originally developed using folded / bonded fin technology or high aspect ratio extrusions. These designs are more rugged,have better and more consistent thermal performance, and can be produced with higher production run rates.Below are some favorable features:
1) No MOQ requirements,no NREC including toolings,fixtures, setup,programming cost,whether prototypes building or mass production.
2) Skived fin heatsinks is one solid / single piece, no interface thermal resistance,no risk under impact loads / high temperature / chemical surface treatment after long term running.
3) The max width of heatsinks profile can reach 5m max, straight fins length along airflow direction can reach 600mm max for Al and 250mm max for Copper.
The max wavy fins length in airflow direction can reach 360mm,the max total height (base thickness + Fins height) would be around 130mm for Al, Friction-stir-welding process would be applied if the fins length is over 500mm.
4) Fins parameters (fins thickness = 0.05-1.5mm, fins height, pitch = 0.25-7.5mm) may be changed through machine adjustment, not limited / restricted to toolings,easily to gain high aspect ratio and thin fins,gain max area to dissipate heat in a limited volume per thermal simulation results.
5) To replace folded / bonded fin process by competitive cost,weight reduction,the remarkable improvement to reliability and thermal performance.
Kindly contact us,we will offer the best customization or alternative solution (apply skived fin process to replace bonded fin process or folded fin process or wide profile extrusion process) for your application by the max cost saving!